Video gets your message heard (and seen).
YouTube is the second largest search engine, and is owned by the largest (umm, Google). So it would only makes sense to add video to your online marketing strategy, right? Right.Video helps you to get your point across quickly, and plays nicely with our rampant online ADD. We might not spend five minutes reading an article, but we will spend 60-90 seconds to watch a video, especially if we searched for the topic and it appears relevant.
Oh, and guess what? Video is searchable. Remember up above where we mention YouTube being a search engine? It’s more than cute kittens and crazy kids just home from the dentist. Using video for information and education is part of our daily lives, from finding a recipe for tonight’s dinner to public speaking tips to understanding how to work that fancy new juicer you just had to buy. Now, imagine if your video was there when searchers are seeking that information. Pretty powerful, huh?
So, here’s how to create video that’ll bring you fame and fortune. Ok, we can’t promise that, but how about more sales and quality leads?
- Have a plan. Your video must have an audience, a goal and a strong (trackable) call to action.
- Use video to give a quick intro to a topic or to teach something, then guide ‘em to your site.
- Video can be hosted on your site or hosted on a third party site like YouTube or Vimeo.
- Motion graphics, live action and/or still images can all create a great end product.
- Transcribe your video script to help the search engines understand the content.
Video doesn’t have to be expensive or over produced. Quality content is what the user seeks, so start there. Making sure they can hear and see you is important too, but a studio isn’t required. Some of our favorite industry videos take place at a kitchen table and there is even one shot in the front seat of a car. Have something interesting to say? Make it relevant to your audience and you’ve won. Go one step further and make sure searchers can find it through video SEO and you’re golden.
Ready for your close-up? Give us a shout and we’ll get the camera rolling so you can start creating goal-oriented, search engine friendly video to sell your stuff.