Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Spotify, Pinterest … it goes on (and on).
Social media is all we’ve been hearing about as of late. We tweet, we forward, we share our likes and dislikes to everyone and anyone who will listen. And it’s changing the way we shop, research, communicate and live. When shopping or researching a service, we will often ask our peers before we seek out a company to provide it. We want the good and the bad reviews. We want the real deal and can then decide to purchase or not.
So how do you get consumers to talk about you? To share your awesomeness with their inner circles? Well, first, provide a great product and then give people a space to discuss it. Google Places, Facebook Pages and more all offer a place for your fans (and others) to share their experience. Use this space as a place to listen to your consumers. And we mean really listen. Don’t waste their time spouting your virtues. Hear what they have to say and then respond accordingly.
- Social media is fantastic for listening to the needs, wants and likes of your customers.
- Use social as a way to share that great content being created for your SEO campaign.
- Host contests, ask questions, give exclusive offers and say thank you to your followers.
- Remember, as customers, we can tell when we’re being sold to. So, just be yourself.
- Talk less. Listen more. Again, talk less and listen more. A heck of a lot more.
The growth of Google+ and others are changing the landscape of search. We’re not asking you to jump on bandwagons or follow the crowds. But we are asking you to go where your customers are. They are social. You are social. Isn’t about time you starting chatting together?